If you want to learn Texas Holdem, then you must start with the basics: learn Texas Holdem rules and get acquainted with elementary strategies before tossing your chips into the pot. But first of all you must decide why play Texas Holdem poker. Many people start playing this game just because they’ve heard that Holdem is the best poker game in the land and that girls like guys, who play this game.
However, the romantic taste of the game is the second reason to learn Texas Holdem, because big bucks sound better than any romance. Anyway, regardless of your reasons to learn Texas Holdem, this page will help your to make a good start.
Well, before I explain how to learn Texas Holdem in the right way, I need to give you just one more piece of advice. Never bet the money you cannot afford, because only 3-5% of players are making money from the game and the other 95% loose them.
In order to avoid being one of those 95%, you should never advance to a higher level, before you master your player skills at the current level. This means that you should start with the cheapest tables ($0,10\$0,20 to $0,5\$1 tables) and move to higher levels, only when you will learn to play break even and start earning some money on your current level.
So, if you want to learn Texas Holdem and win, you need to start with the basics and play at the cheapest tables for a while. And face up the reality – Texas Holdem is a game of skill, not luck. You can get lucky once or twice, but skillful players always win in the long run, even after terrible bad beats.
I recommend you to start with the No-Limit variant of the game, because you can bet and raise any amount of chips and even go all-in, if you get the nuts. Learn Texas Holdem rules and strategies, improve your player skills and never stop learning – that is the only key to success.